The answers to your most Frequently Asked Questions

We whipped around the office asking all of our staff about the most commonly asked questions they receive about insurance. There were a few! So we’ve bundled them up here with the answers to all those items you need to know, covering everything from Workers’ Compensation to Car Insurance to what you should do when your situation changes…

Q. Is fusion covered under Householder’s Policy?

Yes! All the Householder’s Policies we offer include fusion cover. Please refer to your policy wording for Terms & Conditions or contact your broker.

Q. What does Liability cover?

Liability covers You for Your legal liability to pay all sums by way of compensation, expenses and legal costs made against You by a Third Party in respect of:

  1. Personal Injury
  2. Property Damage
  3. Advertising Liability

A must for all business owners!

Q. Do I need a Workers’ Compensation Policy and what is it?

Workers’ Compensation Insurance covers your workers when they are working for your trade or business and/or while acting under your instructions.

Workers’ Compensation protects you and your business from financial claims when a worker sustains a work-related injury or disease. It provides injured workers with weekly payments to cover loss of earnings and payment of reasonable medical and vocational rehabilitation expenses, where necessary, to help them remain in or return to gainful employment.

Q. Why do I need Third Party Liability Cover on my Motor Vehicle Policy? Isn’t this what I pay for in my vehicle registration?

Third Party Liability covers you for damage, legal costs and repairs to other vehicles (third party) or property in an accident. Third Party Only Insurance includes Uninsured Driver Cover – that means if you’re in an accident with an uninsured driver, and the accident is their fault, repairs to your car could be covered up to a limit.

Compulsory Third Party (CTP) Insurance is a minimum and compulsory level of cover in Australia. You automatically get CTP Insurance in WA when you pay your car registration.

CTP covers you against personal injury you might cause to another person in a car accident or incident. This means that you’re covered if you’re held responsible for any injuries or fatalities to third parties caused in an accident.

CTP DOES NOT cover damage to vehicles or property.

Q. Are undeclared/unlisted drivers covered under a Motor Vehicle Policy?

Policies vary so it is always wise to contact your broker and notify them of any undeclared driver that may drive your car.

Q. If my situation changes, do I wait until my policy is due for renewal to make a change?

Definitely Not! Any changes to your situation – address, occupancies, additions to property, additions to contents, changes in tenants or rent changes should all be notified to us immediately, to make sure your cover remains adequate and appropriate for you.